In response to recent articles on the concept of flipped instruction and iPad screencasting reviews, some educators have emailed or commented and asked how time-shifting lectures can be used beyond mathematics classes or math-based science classes.
Here are 10 quick examples of non-math flipped classroom ideas. The entire video clip was created using Explain Everything for the iPad.
Examples are provided for :
- Language arts – sentence diagrams
- Music instruction – reading a staff and ukelele tuning
- Communications – user interface and graphic design elements
- Web design – basic HTML5 structure
- Visual art – vocabulary terms for photography
- History – timelines and inventions
- Health – the food plate replaces the food pyramid
- Learning support – reading fluency support
- Community service – coordinated neighborhood improvement
- Foreign Language – drawing Mandarin Chinese characters